Monday, December 15, 2008

Episode #004 - Nick f'n Redfern!!!

To date, there is no episode of Strange Frequencies Radio I've looked forward to more than this. We booked cryptozoologist Nick Redfern. I've followed the guy's work and he is outstanding. And not only that, but a HUGE Ramones fan. So, suffice it to say, I was thrilled.

At the end of last week's taping, I made a promise - to myself, the our show crew, and to the listeners - my first real question to him would not be about cryptozoology, or UFO's, or anything like that. My first question was going to be about the Ramones. And, I delivered! Technically, at least.

See, my first actual question to him was really, "How are you doing?" But after that, it was all about the Ramones, baby! "Nick, the Ramones are my favorite band. Are they, in fact, the greatest band in the world?" And the answer, like sweet butter, was: "Yes. Indeed they are, the greatest band in the world." I was thrilled! I knew it! So, being the cunning journalist that I am, I asked a remarkably silly follow-up. "Nick, would you agree with me that people who love the Ramones are in a sort of brotherhood?" He again said yes, and continued by postulating that Ramones fans have a general sort of weirdness in common. Haha! I love Nick Redfern. But, we couldn't talk about the Ramones all day, as much as I would have loved it. So, we talked about cryptozoology!!

Mostly, we focused on how he got interested in the field, his latest book which is, most like his blog, entitled "There's Something in the Woods" (which I've read and it's great! Read my review here, and do yourself a favor and buy the frickin thing by clicking on this bitch) and the theories between "flesh and blood" type animals and the notion that cryptids may be more apparitional and paranormal in nature.

We ended the interview by asking Nick his favorite Ramones song. Bobby surprised us by offering up a copy of Redfern's latest book to the first person to email in the correct answer. You see, it is edited out of the final broadcast. But the answer is ---------. Ha! Yes, this blog may be for inside information into Strange Frequencies. But, it's not THAT insider!! You want the book? Figure out the answer for yourself, cretin!!

It was absolutely fantastic. Leading up to this show, we were a little bummed because we only had one guest booked. But, ya know, we filled 2 hours without much problem. I was very proud of us. Not just for filling time well, but also for delivering one helluva good show altogether. I know I'm biased, but our interview with Redfern, I feel, was pretty damn badass.

We also welcomed in a special guest, investigator and friend Jeremy Dunbar, into the studio to listen-in and occasionally shout a few things out. He only stayed for the first hour, but it was still a good time.

Check out this episode over at Strange Frequencies Radio Online, or by checking out our Myspace page. Thank you everyone!

PS: Nick Redfern was nice enough to post an entry about it on several of his blogs. But instead of providing you a link to the usual blog of his I plug, check it out on another one of his fantastic blogs HERE. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment